The Walton Central School District recently hosted the annual All-County Music Festival. The festival is made up of some of the best musicians in the county, coming together from 12 different schools.
After practicing Friday evening and Saturday morning, the weekend culminated with a concert Saturday afternoon.
Some 250 student musicians performed at the event, including 21 from Walton.
The Walton contingent included:
- Chamber orchestra: Julia Sousa, Emma Yakalis, and Elizabeth Richards.
- Jazz band: David Brooks, Caden LeBarge, and Sophia Piro.
- Elementary chorus: Jersey Forrest, Kayleigh Ostrander, Maia Fassler, Malena Moore, Rilynn Daye, Anika Fassler, Esther Salvia, and Mayla Evans.
- Junior band: Lilyanna Klinegardner, Kahrin Vesterfelt, Nathaniel Harrington, Kai Storrer, and Elijah Williams.
- Senior chorus: Madison Reed, and Sariah Vesterfelt.
Additionally, Emma Yakalis and Julia Sousa were awarded the Delaware County School Music Association Scholarship, which is based on grades, teacher recommendation, and an audition in front of the DCSMA music teachers from the 12 schools.
For more photos, please visit our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/walto....