Capital Project page launched
To keep the community informed as much as possible, a Capital Project page has been launched on the Walton Central School District website.
The page will have news about the project, as well as a timeline, presentations, and blueprints.
To access the Capital Project page, there is a link – or tout – on the left-hand side of the district’s main page.
A tentative timeline, should the project be approved by the Board of Education, and then by voters in May, has been established. It is also on that page, as well as below.
Capital Project Timeline
- TBA through May 19: Community Presentations
- March 24: Board of Education meeting
- May 19: Project referendum vote
- June 2015-April/May 2016: Design phase
- May 2016-January 2017: NYSED review/approval phase
- February/March 2017: Bidding phase
- May 2017-December 2018: Construction phase
- January 2019-June 2019: Construction closeout and commissioning
- July 2019-August 2019: Move-in/Setup phase
- September 1, 2019: First day of new school in elementary school
- September 2019: Townsend Elementary building available for other uses
Posted: Monday, March 9, 2015